Sunday, January 31, 2010

Who Is There To Catch You When You Fall?

Who really is there to catch you when you fall?  Is it a family member, or a friend, maybe even a complete stranger.  Every person that I know of has stumbled at some point in there lives, whether it was something they did or it was something someone else did to cause them to stumble.  We all have been through it.  But who was it, or is it, that picked you up, dusted you off, and sent you on your way.  Without these people it would have been impossible to survive in the kind of world we live in today. 

Even with the little everyday things, sometimes we need help.  I'm going to see the eye doctor soon.  They always dialate my eyes and my eyes get real goofy.  I need someone to drive me, to be there to help me so I don't get in the car and chance hurting someone in the process.  I have my brother to do that for me this time so it's no problem.  But often we don't stop to think about the simple things in life we need help with and if we don't get that help, something worse could happen.  My mother, brother and I moved in together to combine expenses.  I do all the housework and cooking for them.  Neither one of us would survive by ourselves without the other.

People need people, and quite often those other people need us.  We don't need people using hatred and bigotry to teach us what they think is right or wrong.  We know from our own experiences what hurts others and what helps others to be able to survive in such an inhumane world.  We search for those people who understand us and believe in us.  Who know we deserve as much of a right to live in society as they do.  A majority should not rule over a minority, we should be equal.  But we need more people helping us to help others in minorities such as gay rights, etc. to become equal to those who wish to stomp us out from this world all together.

Never be afraid to ask for help, whether it is the small things in life or the big things in life.  Don't be afraid to help where you can because people take notice.  It is our own humanity that saves us from those who wish to harm us.

No comments:

Post a Comment